Dunlap 3-Wheel Band Saw made by Sears Model # 534.01120
Kett2000
2005-04-08 23:57:28 UTC
Can anyone tell me how to find more information about this tool made by
Sears-Roebuck (sp)? I know it is old and belt driven but do not know if
it is worth cleaning up or has any value.
Thanks
Shawnmav
2017-05-23 04:14:07 UTC
replying to Kett2000, Shawnmav wrote:
I have one and you would be better off buying a new one if you intend to do
any real detail or accurate cutting. I use mine to just rough cut small or
light materi which may be to long to fit in the garbage can or just cutting
something for blocking material and such.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/dunlap-3-wheel-band-saw-made-by-sears-model-534-01120-8130-.htm
SM
2017-12-29 04:44:01 UTC
replying to Shawnmav, SM wrote:
Update to my earlier post. I put new rubber on the three rollers and installed
a new blade on mine. Then decided to attempt to cut out some stars that were
traced out on a 2x4 that were 3/4" in diameter. I cut out the first one then
sliced it in to thin wafers. I could get about 8 stars out of one piece. I
made a total of 54 of them. The saw cut very precisely and I by no means am a
band saw wizard. It took a little time to get the blade to track but once I
got it set it did actually work quite well. I picked this saw up at a garage
sale about 20 years ago for less than 25 dollars if I remember correctly.

Bill
2024-01-01 20:33:12 UTC
I have one and it works very well . Decided to refurbish it and glad i did , came out awesome looks brand new